Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Failure



What do you think of when hear the word failure? Failure is an opportunity to learn from your mistake so that you never make it again. It's a normal thing that happens all the time. I remember back in Middle School during track season where a little mistake caused pain and embarrassment. I was approaching the last hurdle of my 200 meter race, as my foot left the ground, kicked up to run over the hurdle, my little mistake occurred. I kicked the plastic bar and flipped over the hurdle. As I rolled across the track I scrapped my knee and arm. I didn’t give up; I stoop up and pushed through the finish line milliseconds behind the person in front of me. I learned that even if you fail at something, you have many other opportunities to succeed. Giving up makes it a failure, but if you try it’s merely a small accident. Because I never gave up, I still hurdle and have gotten much better. I look forward to it every year and set new goals for myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T97kkzRMEAY

2 comments:

  1. Jewelia-- great blog. Evidently, this moment was a time for you to reflect and learn from your mistakes. I also like how you started it.I would love for you to go more in depth about your initial thoughts and thought process. Perhaps, make it a little bit longer. Anyway, I like that you incorporated the lesson you learned in. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam Thanks! i should have added more of my thought process.

      Delete