Sunday, January 5, 2014

Early Experience

From the start i knew this entry would be difficult. There are only a few childhood memories that i can recall. I decided to tell the story of when i moved to New Paltz in first grade. I was a tom boy, I wore jeans and tee shirts instead of dresses and nice shoe s. My hair was short, spiky, and eventually highlighted purple. On my first day in Mrs. Lewis' class i didn't make a lot of friends. I remember a couple guys asking who the new guy was and joking around. Ironically, they became my best friends! It didn’t take long for me to get use to my new home. I lived in the woods on about eight acres of land. My house was newly built with lots of open space and I got my own room! In my old house my two sisters and I shared a huge room but I finally didn’t have to clean up after them and put up with their nonsense. Best of all, in my back yard there was a GIANT oak tree that we use as base when we played tag. It didn’t take long before I tied my little sister to the tree! Eventually we got rid of the tree and put in a lagoon shaped pool. I like living in New Paltz but cant wait to move out!

3 comments:

  1. Cool, funny story! I can relate on being the new kid, just a year later. Great imagery in describing the your land and the adventurous stories that go with it, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was the new kid Freshman year and I can empathize. I like how you pointed out all the perks of your new house in New Paltz, your experiences and adventures, and I like how you concluded it. I suggest expanding it and there are a few grammatical errors, but other than that, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sam!!!!! I appreciate your suggestion! I will work and expanding my ideas and using imagery.

    ReplyDelete