Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tragic but Insightful.

            My life has always been pretty ordinary. When I was told to write a blog about a significant even that defines me, my mind went blank. How am I suppose to write something amazing if there's nothing to tell? So, I gave it lots of thought and I decided to write about the time got lost. I was about 7 years old when I made a mistake that terrified me. My older sister, Jade, had just invited a friend over to go swimming and play in the yard when my cute, sweet, loving dog wandered into the woods. Jade, Sarah (her friend), and I were afraid he was going to get lost in the 52 acres of wood behind my house. On a split decision Sarah and I followed my dog into the woods while my sister went to tell my parents. Following the dog I began to freak out. I had never been in this part of the woods before and we had been walking for close to an hour. Out of know where Sam, my dog, vanished and we were left alone in the hot summer sun. We sat along side a small stream that divided woods and a grassy field. I began to wonder if we would ever find our way out of there. thoughts about my family rushed into my mind, What if my family isn't out looking for me? Will I ever see them again? I was so young and immature, I had no clue what I had gotten my self into to or what was going to happen. The only thing I wanted at that moment was to be home, safely sitting inside. After a few minutes of debating what's next, we crossed the river and continues on until we found a road. I was extremely frightened but Sarah made me walk up to a house with her to figure out where we were. They called the cops and were being put in the back seat to be escorted home when my parents arrived. The feeling of being abandoned and trapped in a endless place was unbelievably horrifying. As we got into my parents car my mom began to tell us that we were in big trouble and would be grounded for a few months. I was happy when she said that because it meant I couldn't get lost again. I later found out that we were about 5 miles from my house. All of the events I have experienced have all resulted in the same thing. I have learned that my family means everything to me and without them I would be forever lost.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I don't know if you were going for funny, but it was. Beware of typos! How old were you when this happened? great job, and good voice throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this experience. I cant believe you and Sarah got so far away from your house. You did a good job of conveying how upset you were just as any young child would be if they didn't know where they were. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks cosmo! I was about 7 when this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks jenny! It was pretty crazy!

    ReplyDelete